When can I expect my item to be delivered?
New Zealand: Domestic orders range from 1-3 days for the North Island and 3-5 days for South Island. We do not deliver to P.O. boxes in New Zealand.
International Shipping: We offer international shipping to over 220 countries worldwide serviced by DHL. All international orders are subject to import duties and taxes (including VAT). Shipping is typically 2-3 days for neighbouring countries and up to 20 days for countries farther away. Delivery time does not include customs clearance and processing. Sands Carving Studio is not liable for payment of any country import tax/duty, VAT, GST at the time of entry into the country of destination. For more information about import taxes/duties & VAT or GST please contact your local customs office.
Delivery times may vary during busy holiday seasons due to volume or postal services.
All orders require a signature upon delivery.
How much time does it take to process my order?
- We process and package orders from Monday to Friday during regular business hours. All orders placed before 2 p.m. (NZST) will be sent the same day. Orders placed during public holidays will be processed the following business day.
How is shipping charged?
How is my order packaged?
- Every order is packaged in a Sands Carving Studio jewellery box along with a business card and meaning card (if applicable). Every item is carefully wrapped for protection to ensure your taonga is safe during transport.
Does my order have a tracking number?
- You will receive an email notification after you complete your purchase with the item's tracking information. For orders placed outside of our online store, the tracking number will be sent via email or direct message.
Refunds and Returns
What is Sands Carving Studio’s return policy?
- We gladly accept returns and will offer a full refund on non-custom items if you contact us within 30 days of receiving your order. Items returned after 30 days may only be returned for store credit online and/or in studio.
- Returned items must be in the same condition as it was received, without any signs of wear or use. To request a refund or exchange, please e-mail email@example.com. Include your first and last name, details of your purchase and reason for return. Once the item is received, it will be carefully examined and if we are satisfied with the condition, a full refund or store credit will be issued. Please note that refund/store credit will be issued for value of merchandise returned only (shipping fees will not be credited).
- For more information, please see our Refund Policy.
How do I get an item custom made?
- For commission/custom orders, please fill out the custom order form located under the Services page on our website.
- Custom orders require is a 50% deposit before work begins and include a 20% service fee.
We will need to know your budget, desired size of the item, and materials you would like used. We ask that you give us as much information as you can we can best translate your vision into art. If you have any questions that are not answered here, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you make something from a stone I found or from a taonga that is broken or passed down?
- Yes, we can carve materials you provide. We just ask that you email us a photo with the dimensions and description of the item you will be providing along with the information needed for the commission to email@example.com. Upon completion of the final product, any excess or unused portions of the material you provided will be returned in the same package. We will also deduct any cost of materials not sourced by the studio.
What payment options do you accept?
Online: We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Apple pay, G Pay, Shop pay, and Afterpay.
In studio: Cash and bank transfer. We also offer payment via instalments. We will hold the order until it is paid in full. Once it has been paid in full, you can have it shipped or collect it from the studio.
Do you offer any workshops or carving lessons?
- Sands Carving Studio is growing everyday- and unfortunately- our time is limited so we are unable to offer carving workshops or lessons at this time.
Can I come in to view products in the store?
Yes! If you would like to visit the studio to discuss a custom design or see what we have in stock that's not available online, please contact us to schedule an appointment or visit our facebook page to book online. We are located at 202 Seddon Road, Maeroa, Hamilton.
Do you process orders or provide customer service on the weekends?
We do not operate outside of our normal business hours which are Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We do not process orders on weekends or holidays. Questions may be answered outside of business hours, but this is not guaranteed.
Will the product look the same as it looks on the computer screen?
- Products may appear slightly different on screen than to the naked eye. We are confident you will be more pleased when you see it in person. All of our items are handcrafted, so products that seem very similar will differ from one another. Each piece is one of a kind. Every piece made from our stone, bone and wood will have slight variations in colour, grain and natural patina.
Click and collect
- If you would like to collect your item personally and/or meet the artists behind the scenes, you can make an appointment by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or book online through our facebook appointment booking service.
- Click and collect hours are between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. After placing your order, select local pickup at checkout. Make sure to have your order confirmation available for proof of purchase to collect your item. Please get in touch if you need to pick up outside of our normal click and collect hours.